Part 24…..fitting the seats

Rat Rods Hot Rods & Drag Cars Forums LAZY’S RAT ROD BUILD Part 24…..fitting the seats

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rustytop 2 years, 10 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
January 17, 2016 at 9:59 am #2268

Lazy

Time to fit the seats, theses were , just for a change purchased from ebay, as I remember they were originally out of a Triumph herald. Just the right size for my build.

A frame was fabricated out of 50mm angle, and was welded to the box section in the cab (photos below will explain better), then it was strengthened with various pieces of angle from the original cab.Once fully welded I cut out a section for the prop shaft. Just a bit more welding required with my mig as soon as I get another bottle of argon.

You might have noticed that the vertical sections of box section that were against the door pillers have now been cut out, they were touching my arm when sitting in the seat, sure this would have irritated the shit out of me when driving so they were cut out.

ratrod seats ratrod seats

front seats front seats

Will mount the other seat later as I have a bit more work to do at the back end.

Thats it ………short and sweet………Lazy

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.
January 21, 2016 at 7:35 pm #2320

rustytop

Seats look like a perfect fit………….Rusty

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.