Part 22 Chassis step over

Rat Rods Hot Rods & Drag Cars Forums LAZY’S RAT ROD BUILD Part 22 Chassis step over

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CatRat 2 years, 8 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
December 9, 2015 at 5:04 pm #2086

Lazy

Time to step the original chassis over the axle….

Well here we go;

Box section has arrived and was cut to size. It unfortunately is a slightly larger section that of the taxi, new section is metric and the cab being imperial.The step over the axle has been designed to be quite high as the frame will act as a support for the fuel tank. The original position was going to be in the boot, but the radiator in in there now.The step over is now in place and have started to fully weld it in, just waiting for delivery of 6mm plate to strengthen the sides.Have now attached the coil overs, these were purchased from the swop meet in Essex., thought I would check to see if the dampers were all ok, they were fine but the springs were different heights, some half wit had cut the top coil of one spring.Might have to get a new pair, any way in true Ratrod fashion, I cut the top coil of the other spring to match.

While welding the chassis I fully fitted the radiator and header tank.

Below some of the pictures of the step over so far, just needs fully welding and blending in. Normally I would’t bother but I want it to go through the MOT.

chassis chassis

chassis chassis

chassis chassis

ratrod radiator radiator

radiator header tank

tank coil overs

coli over brackets To be continued…..

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.
March 28, 2016 at 7:05 pm #2637

CatRat

Lazy Hi.

Are you going to paint the chassis? or just leave it to rust?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.