Lazys Ratrod build..part 17 continued…the body section

Rat Rods Hot Rods & Drag Cars Forums LAZY’S RAT ROD BUILD Lazys Ratrod build..part 17 continued…the body section

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lazy 3 years, 1 month ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
October 14, 2015 at 7:51 pm #1535

Lazy

Ok the last part, the body has now had 10″ taken out of the middle.
As previously stated 10″ would be the ideal measurement so with the wheels reversed they would stick out side the body. However I wish I had only taken out 9″, as the wheels stick out a bit to far, still I have a cunning plan for the wheels.

So back to the section.
The removal was a lot easier than I thought it would be, having removed the boot lid, cutting in a sun roof and removing most of the floor there wasn’t much metal left to cut. I held the body together with a couple of rachet straps, and a section of angle was clamped holding thee sun roof together.
Once it was completely cut, a little at a time the two sections were pulled together and tacked into position. Then fully welded inside and outside. Then it was pushed forward into its final position and tacked to the chassis.
Pictures below show the sectioning, will update some more pictures shortly to show the work a bit clearer.

marking for roof section

cut lines for section

cutting rear window

rear section removed

section removed

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.