Lazys Rat Rod Build…Part 9…..Head lamp mount

Rat Rods Hot Rods & Drag Cars Forums LAZY’S RAT ROD BUILD Lazys Rat Rod Build…Part 9…..Head lamp mount

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rustytop 3 years, 3 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
July 15, 2015 at 5:10 pm #575

Lazy

This will be the shortest section of my Rat build, and the quickest to build, the headlamp mount.

Was thinking if mounting them on welded chain, but there is quite a lot of chain on the Rat so far. A friend of mine, Brian, gave me a couple of con rods out of his BB chevy that decided to let go on the start line at Santa pod.These would make great mounts, I had to cut and re weld the small end at 90*, machine a couple of bushes. One was for the big end, this will be clamped onto a piece of pipe welded to the frame. The other bush was for the small end, so the lamp could be bolted through.

Pictures below show how quick and easy the mounts were to make, mounts will be bolted on at a later date. Did you notice the rusty headlamps?

When it’s fitted I will place a few tack welds to make sure it doesn’t rattle off, will try to hide them so they are unable to be seen.

See you next time Ratters…………..lazy

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.
August 25, 2015 at 3:39 pm #895

rustytop

Have seen con rods being used before but am looking forward to see how they are mounted, you did say they were going to be clamped to a section of tube, not sure what you meant.Looking forward to see them mounted.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.