Body mods…part 28

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lazy 2 years, 7 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
April 23, 2016 at 11:32 am #2740

Lazy

This section will cover all the additional body mods.

l have to make the wheel arch slightly bigger as there wasn’t quite enough clearance for the axle travel. Have already cut out a small section,as soon as I get some argon it will be welded up.

arch arch

While modifying the wheel arch I pulled off a piece of tape from the lower section of the wheel arch, found a piece off rolled up cardboard and a massive hole. Using a section of the old roof a repair panel has been made. Again waiting to get some aron.

ratrod arch

repair panel To be continued………

Haven’t had a lot of time on the Rat the past few months mainly due to the race season, trying to finish the kitchen and trying to get my new motor home up and running (what a piece of shit I have brought)

However managed to make a few alterations for the clearance on the rear axle drum on the body. With full travel it might touch the body, just in case I hacked a section out and re welded. The pictures below, not that clear show how much was cut out for the clearance. The rat is now up on axle stands and it is clear it needs a lot more welding.

ratrod Chalk mark showing how much is needed to be cut out for clearance.ratrod ratrod Sorted!!!!!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.