So close but yet so far

Rat Rods Hot Rods & Drag Cars Forums LAZY’S RAT ROD BUILD So close but yet so far

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Lazy Lazy 10 months ago.

Author Posts
Author Posts
March 26, 2017 at 8:37 pm #4049
Lazy
Lazy
Keymaster

Sunday 26th March.

Have been working on the Rat over the weekend, looks like the finishing line is in sight.

Off the top of my head all there is to finish now is;

• Floor on driver’s side. Done
  • A bit of welding underneath. Done
  • Machine the join for the propshaft. Done
  • Cut and fit the windscreen.
  • Fill with water….fingers crossed, no leaks.
  • Fill the master cylinder with brake fluid,bleed, again fingers crossed no leaks.
  • Oil in the gearbox.
  • Connect the battery, with a bit of luck, everything works.
  • Fuel and fire up…………sorted, maybe.
  • OOOPS, forgot………..make and fit rear fenders.

Pictures below showing the build as it is today.

Ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod ratrod My first passenger.

Will have to put the rat on hold for a while as I need to get my Capri ready for the season.

30-04-2017

Well its almost near completion, looking over it this weekend all that needs sorting is ;

• Drivers side bulkhead, this will be done when the brakes have been bleed.
  • Bleed the brakes.
  • Rear fenders
  • A bit of welding around the drivers side window.
  • Cut and fit the windscreen.
  • Check all nuts and bolts etc.

And thats  about it.Unfortunately the Rat will be put away as my house move will be under way shortly. When I get set up in my newhome the Rat will be finished.

Below , in no particular order, are the photos I took today showing the current state of the build………..

rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat rat ratrod rat ratrod   rat   See ya………………….Lazy

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.